Politech mailing list archives

FC: Bill Purdy asks Washington Post about "sucks" domain name

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 00:40:05 -0400

The Washington Post has been trying to get Bill Purdy held in contempt, with a hearing scheduled for Wednesday (http://news.com.com/2100-1023-961276.html) but it was postponed at the last minute because of the judge's schedule.

Perhaps fearing wide redistribution of their filings, the newspaper's attorneys at Wilmer no longer seem to be emailing motions to Purdy. I do not have convenient versions to put online. Here are less-convenient JPG documents (the well.com versions will disappear soon; the ones on the Politech site are permanent):

Washington Post nastygram to Purdy:
http://www.well.com/user/declan/purdy-nastygram/
http://www.politechbot.com/docs/purdy-nastygram.1002.tar.gz

Judge's order siding with the paper: