Politech mailing list archives

FC: John C. Dvorak on Politech list and DMCA hoedown photos

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 20:54:53 -0400

[John C. Dvorak (http://www.pcmag.com/author_bio/0,3055,a=123,00.asp) is one of the computer industry's veteran columnists. --Declan]

---

Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 15:49:31 -0400
From: Jim Rapp <infocker () comcast net>
Subject: The DMCA: It's Now Comedic
To: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>

Thought you might find this of interest.

Jim

http://www.pcmag.com/article/0,2997,s=1500&a=27151,00.asp

May 20, 2002
The DMCA: It's Now Comedic
By  John C. Dvorak
PC Magazine

Reader and PR man Alan Wallace turned me on to an interesting Web site
dedicated to following politics and technology—Declan McCullagh's Politech
(www.politechbot.com). On the site, there is a search engine you can use to
look up news on specific issues. This usually reveals numerous items not
covered by the mainstream media. So type in DMCA and you'll get en eyeful.
What got my attention was an article entitled "DMCA hoedown! Copyright fans
party on Capitol Hill on Thursday." [...]

McCullagh evidently got into this event and took some pictures, which are
posted on his site. The event looks to have been the typical dreadful
gathering of stuffed shirts. The problem is, these are dangerous stuffed
shirts that seem to have things their way all the time.

Check it out, and bookmark the McCullagh site.