Politech mailing list archives

FC: Books: Charles Platt's "Enrob," E. Schwartz's "Last Lone Inventor"

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 13:18:14 -0400

---

Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 02:40:32 -0400 (EDT)
From: Charles Platt <cp () panix com>
To: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Cc: cp () panix com
Subject: Enron

Declan, I wish to draw your readers' attention to an item that should be
of fantastic importance to anyone who has expressed even marginal interest
in that amazing saga of greed and politics, the Enron scandal.

As Arthur Andersen Inc musters its few remaining resources to explain its
shredding orgy in federal court, my much more interesting explanation is
already being distributed to (at least a few) bookstores throughout the
land.

I refer of course to the vital document euphemistically titled "Enrob
[sic] Annual Report 2001," which coincidentally emerges from the womb of
its publisher, ReganBooks, a division of HarperCollins, today, May 7th.

Those who want to look at this epochal study of greed-crazed malfeasance
without having to buy it can click on the inevitable URL:

www.enrobreport.com

--Charles Platt

(Former tech journalist, Wired writer, author of "Anarchy Online," "How to
Be a Happy Cat," and other titles too embarrassing to mention.)

---