Politech mailing list archives

FC: Newsbytes, R.I.P.

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 15:55:33 -0400

[Hope all the Newsbytes reporters on Politech have remembered to
switch their subscriptions to wpni.com! Newsbytes.com is now
offline. (So much for the many links pointing to the site.) :(
--Declan]

---

http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news/article.php/3_1136291

   Business
   May 16, 2002
   Washington Post Co. to Shutter Newsbytes
   By Thor Olavsrud
   The Washington Post Co. will shut down its Newsbytes online IT news
   service on May 31, a source close to the company told InternetNews.com
   Thursday.

   While the company would neither confirm nor deny the shutdown,
   Washtech/Newsbytes Publisher Valerie Voci told InternetNews.com: "We
   currently publish two technology Web sites for the Washington Post Co.
   and we are consolidating our online tech coverage."

   "I think the Washington Post is making a mistake," the source said.

   Another source inside the company said the Washington Post Co. will
   announce a number of changes to its online tech news coverage in the
   near future.

   [...]