Politech mailing list archives

FC: Replies to LA Times columnist wanting to limit anonymity online

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 00:43:50 -0400

Previous Politech message:

"LA Times columnist wants it to 'be harder to be anonymous' online"
http://www.politechbot.com/p-03477.html

---

From: "Vincent Penquerc'h" <Vincent.Penquerch () artworks co uk>
To: "'declan () well com'" <declan () well com>
Subject: RE: LA Times columnist wants it to "be harder to be anonymous" on
        line
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 14:43:35 +0100

> So instead of worrying ourselves silly about ways to protect these few
> who are afraid to stand up for their words and actions, we should be

*sigh*
It's so easy to stand up for your words and actions, when these
are nothing that could annoy the government or other bodies of
power. Thank you, John Balzar, for these rare insights into how
political dissidents in many countries could use the internet.

--
Vincent Penquerc'h

----