Politech mailing list archives

FC: Norwegians protest Jon Johansen's indictment, photos of rally

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 23:45:08 -0500

Background on the Johansen case:
http://www.politechbot.com/cgi-bin/politech.cgi?name=johansen

Photos of Johansen:
http://www.mccullagh.org/cgi-bin/photosearch.cgi?name=johansen

Wired News article:

---

From: Robin Gross <robin () eff org>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:41:05 -0800

I just spoke with Jon and Per.  They reported that there were protests in
Norway tonight over Jon's indictment and will be a protest tomorrow in
front of the Norwegian parliament.

The person to write to and request the charges be dropped is:
   Chief Prosecutor Inger Marie Sunde of the Norwegian Economic Crime Unit
   Post Box 8193 0034 OSLO

I'm checking on other politicians who may be in a position to do something
here.  Jon will send me contact info for Electronic Frontier Norway (EFN),
who we should coordinate with if possible.

Thanks,
Robin

---

From: Robin Gross <robin () eff org>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 12:17:24 -0800

Per sends his photos and an article about tonight's protest.