Politech mailing list archives

FC: Republican Party threatens enronownsthegop.com with lawsuit

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 17:06:19 -0500

Previous Politech message:
http://www.politechbot.com/p-03054.html

---

From: "Ken EnronOwnsTheGOP.com" <[deleted --DBM]@hotmail.com>
To: declan () well com
Subject: Republicans use 'cease and desist' to stop Enron site
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 16:10:45 -0600

Thought this might be of interest to you and the Politech list:

EnronOwnsTheGOP.com has been delivered a cease and desist letter demanding that we shut down our site. Apparently the Republican Party of Texas doesn't feel like a parody site about their ties to Enron is very funny - or protected by the 1st amendment.

The cease and desist letter has been posted on our site at: http://www.enronownsthegop.com/news/cease.htm

Webmaster
http://www.enronownsthegop.com
admin () enronownsthegop com

PS If you don't mind, please suppress my hotmail address if this is forwarded on. I would send this from my enronownsthegop address but am having hosting problems... Luckily, I can still receive email at that address.