Politech mailing list archives

FC: More on Godzilla stomping Davezilla, speculation about Mozilla

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 00:51:52 -0400

Previous Politech message:
http://www.politechbot.com/p-03881.html

---

Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:45:36 -0400
From: "Paul Levy" <PLEVY () citizen org>
To: <politech () politechbot com>, <declan () well com>
Cc: <davel () davezilla com>
Subject: Re: FC: Godzilla movie owner nastygrams "Davezilla.com" humor site

This is a pretty mild letter, phrased as a "request"

I wonder if they have sent similar letters to the creators of Mozilla and Go!zilla

Or, the web site Budgie zilla

I might add that a quick search on the Patent and Trademark Office's electronic database turns up quite a number of other persons who have trademarks in terms ending in zilla, including bosszilla, bootzilla, dogzilla, webzilla, and bockzilla. Seems like the letter maybe came from a sillyzilla lawyerzilla with too much time on her handszilla

Paul Alan Levy
Public Citizen Litigation Group
1600 - 20th Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20009