Politech mailing list archives

FC: A possible reason for Salon TIPS article and America's Most Wanted

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 02:56:35 -0400

This raises the question: Did a well-intentioned but behind-the-curve operator give the Salon reporter the America's Most Wanted phone number, possibly thinking it was an anthrax tip? (Note I'm not defending even the Oct. 2001 relationship between the Feds and a TV show -- seems highly dubious at best -- but is is an explanation.)

Previous Politech messages:

"NPR's Larry Abramson on inconsistencies in Salon TIPS article"
http://www.politechbot.com/p-03867.html

"Salon on TIPS informant program and America's Most Wanted"
http://www.politechbot.com/p-03861.html

-Declan

---