Politech mailing list archives

FC: Teamsters reportedly prepared to endorse TIPS informant plan

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2002 13:08:44 -0400

The person who sent this to us is a Washington reporter I know and trust. Previous Politech message: http://www.politechbot.com/p-03799.html

The Teamsters union (http://www.teamster.org/about/division.htm) is composed of millions of workers, including flight attendants, pilots, parking attendants, construction workers, truck drivers, mechanics, manufacturing workers, police, city bus drivers, local government clerks, convention workers, hotel workers, zookeepers, and so on.

That's a lot of potential informants.

I invite the Teamsters to reply. Also note that a Washington Times report in June (http://www.washtimes.com/national/20020614-90235042.htm) pointed to Hoffa's warm relationship with Bush. Though I should note that according to a news report in May, the Teamsters were not rushing to endorse Operation TIPS:
http://www.progressive.org/May%202002/berk0502.html

-Declan

---