Politech mailing list archives

FC: Online research project compiles master list of WTC tenants

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 22:22:59 -0400

---

Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 22:03:27 -0400
From: Gary Stock <gstock () unblinking com>
To: Declan McCullagh <politech () politechbot com>
Subject: Missing in Action: World Trade Center

DM:

Major media (including CNN, USAToday, and others) have offered the
public a woefully incomplete listing of WTC tenants.  Most outlets have
mirrored the same leasing data, naming only 280 firms.  However, WTC
operators (PANYNJ) report 430 known tenants.  The media have fallen far
short of the full story -- in fact, they are ignoring hundreds of
business entities.  In doing so, they neglect the concerns of many
thousands of people around the world.

Many smaller firms in the WTC apparently have lost both staff and
records.  The best authority on their existence now may be the
collective memory of the internet.

UnBlinking has scoured public search engines, corporate web sites,
Google caches, whois records, and various trade directories, all online.
 Our research has revealed some 600 unique WTC addresses -- including a
significant number of sublets, partners, and contractors unknown to
major media.

Our comprehensive catalog of online references to over 600 business and
government offices in the World Trade Center complex appears here:

   http://www.tbtf.com/unblinking/arc/2001-09a.htm

UnBlinking also offers live links to 200 of these firms.  We seek to
include _all_ prospects known to the web, including many yet to be
confirmed.  Where appropriate, resources are marked as potentially outdated.

UnBlinking now lists 300 prospects beyond those reported by major media.
 That number grows with each day of online research.  We believe we may
uncover another 100 or more in coming days -- if we can do so before
their websites disappear :-(

Thanks for your efforts,

GS

  Always available from:

   http://www.tbtf.com/
   http://www.unblinking.com/

Gary Stock                                       gstock () unblinking com
UnBlinking                                      http://unblinking.com/

  "The first thing you'll notice is, when the camera's plugged in..."
  Bill Gates, launching Windows XP Earthquake, Seattle, 28 Feb 2001