Politech mailing list archives

FC: Georgia politico claims she was visited by Chandra Levy's ghost

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 12:39:39 -0400

News coverage:
http://opinionjournal.com/best/?id=95001074
http://www.usatoday.com/usatonline/20010906/3606563s.htm
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2001/09/05/national1303EDT0599.DTL
http://www.washtimes.com/national/20010906-1048762.htm

Quote from Rep. Dorothy Pelote's floor speech:
"I want you to know that I can prophesy. I can communicate with the dead. The last person who visited me was -- I don't know if I need to call her name. Maybe I should not, because it's a controversial death now. She's missing. You know who I'm talking about. She has visited me. She has."

And we take politicians seriously, and let them regulate and legislate our lives? Sigh. If this Georgia politico really was having a tete-a-tete with Chandra, why didn't she ask where the ex-intern's body was?

-Declan

********