Politech mailing list archives

FC: TV networks reportedly refuse ads endorsing arm-pilots bill

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 09:52:04 -0400

Sen. Bob Smith of New Hampshire has introduced an arm-pilots bill in the Senate:
http://www.house.gov/paul/press/press2001/pr100401.htm
Rep. Ron Paul of Texas has introduced it in the House:
http://www.house.gov/paul/press/press2001/pr091401.htm

While the networks have the right to refuse this advertisement supporting two bills in Congress -- if the situation is as Frontsight says -- it's still reasonable to ask "why?" An ad supporting (or opposing) legislation is hardly novel, as anyone who has seen those awful electricity/broadband campaigns knows.

-Declan

********