Politech mailing list archives

FC: Leaked documents allegedly reveal RIAA assault on peer-to-peer

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 09:05:22 -0400

*******

From: "james alexander" <jamespalexander () hotmail com>
To: declan () well com
Subject: News Article, RIAA internal document. (for distribution on politech)
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 07:33:14 +0000

Hi,

This article:
http://www.dotcomscoop.com/riaa1003.html

discusses an 'Internal Memos Outline RIAA's Strategy To Launch Offensive Against Peer-To-Peer Networks' obtained by dotcomscoop.

Memo:
http://www.dotcomscoop.com/riaamemo.html

The memo concludes:
'Thus, we recommend (1) filing claims against FastTrack, MusicCity, and Grockster, (2) immediately thereafter initiating discussions with FastTrack about resolving our claims in a way that will provide us with useful information and testimony against MusicCity, and if possible obtain FastTrack's cooperation in shutting down or converting MusicCity and Grokster, and (4) continue forward with litigation against MusicCity, Grokster, and potentially Timberline Venture Partners.'

I thought that it was worthy of your attention.
Keep up the good work,
James