Politech mailing list archives

FC: Sen. Byron Dorgan wants to keep the Net safe for tax collectors?

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 09:52:36 -0800

I've put the ad here:
http://www.politechbot.com/docs/taxad.102301.pdf

Background:
http://www.cfif.org/5_8_2001/Free_line/current/dissembling_dorgan.htm
The Internet tax moratorium expired on October 21. It did so because one U.S. Senator–Byron Dorgan, Democrat of North Dakota–blocked a vote on a House-passed bill that would have extended the ban on Internet taxes for two years. No voice has been stronger or clearer on the need to maintain the moratorium than that of the Center for Individual Freedom. When Dorgan obstructed extension of the moratorium, the Center ran an ad to identify that responsibility. In response, a Dorgan spokesman attacked the "center for misinformation" and, of course, added that the Senator opposes access taxes and new Internet taxes.

*********