Politech mailing list archives

FC: More on Europe recording phone calls, Net traffic for 7 years

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 23:30:37 -0400

*********

Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 10:18:33 -0400
To: declan () well com, politech () politechbot com
From: Marc Rotenberg <rotenberg () epic org>
Subject: Re: FC: Europe weighs recording all phone calls, Net traffic for
 7 yrs

Declan -

It is worth noting the European privacy commissioners have
expressed strong opposition to similar proposals in the
past. Most recently the privacy commissioners expressed
opposition to the record retention requirements in the
COE Cyber-Crime convention.

Opinion 4/2001 on the Council of Europe's Draft
Convention on Cyber Crime

http://www.europa.eu.int/comm/internal_market/en/media/dataprot/wpdocs/wp41en.htm

Marc Rotenberg.