Politech mailing list archives

FC: Librarians challenge Net-filtering law; conservative press conf

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 11:18:01 -0500

And later today... I don't usually go to these things, but in this case I can't resist:

SOCIAL ISSUES Family Research Council (FRC) News conference in support of the constitutionality of the "Children's Internet Protection Act," (CIPA). Participants: Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.; Rep. Ernest Istook, Jr., R-Okla.; Rep. Charles "Chip" Pickering, R-Miss.; Jan LaRue,FRC; Jay Sekulow, American Center for Law and Justice; Partirck Trueman, American Family Assn.; Wendy Wright, Concerned Women for America; Donna Rice Hughes, Internet safety advocate; Bruce Tayloe, National Law Center; Robin Johnson, parent,and Laura Morgan, librarian, Chicago Public Library Location: 1334 Longworth House Office Building. 1 p.m. Contact: Kristen Hansen, 202-393-2100 **NEW**

-Declan

*********