Politech mailing list archives

FC: Microsoft invokes contract to block database review; responses

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 09:54:25 -0500

[Seems to me it's not a classical case of censorship, since the
reviewers (not being entirely stupid) knew that the contract
prohibited reviews without consultation, etc. and nobody was forcing
them to accept the deal. But I do believe that such contract terms are
a bad idea, and that if they go too far -- or companies go too far in
enforcing them -- that reviewers will simply ignore those
products. --Declan]