Politech mailing list archives

FC: Broadband, privacy events this month: Cato Institute, EFF, NYNMA

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 11:48:19 -0500

*********

From: "Lucas Mast" <lmast () cato org>
To: "Declan McCullagh" <declan () well com>
Subject: Could you send this to your list(s)?
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 10:16:38 -0500

The event is being held at Cato (not as clear as one might like on the invite). Thought it would be of interest to some of the folks on your list.

Thanks in advance,
Lucas

                                                 The Cato Institute

featuring

George Bell

Chairman and CEO

Excite@Home

The Death of Dial-Up, The Birth of Broadband,

and the Revolution in Our Living Rooms

As the CEO of Excite@Home, a recognized leader in the broadband marketplace, George Bell is launching an effort to engage public policy leaders, the press, and government officials. Bell will outline his company s vision for a broadband future and discuss what role Congress and the FCC should play in determining how the rules of the road are established for this sector, including controversial issues such as the extension of open-access mandates to the broadband marketplace.

Bell started with Excite in 1996 as its 23rd employee and oversaw the company's merger with @Home Network in January 1999. Before joining Excite, Inc, Mr. Bell was senior vice president of Times Mirror Magazines and chairman of the California Privacy Committee, formed to establish privacy standards on the Internet.

Tuesday, March 6, 2001

12:00 p.m.

(Luncheon to follow)

To register, call Megan Brumleve by 12:00 p.m., Wednesday, March 5, at (202) 789-5229, fax her at (202) 371-0841, or email to mbrumleve () cato org