Politech mailing list archives

FC: Miami Herald reports Florida cops knew law is unconstitutional

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 01:41:25 -0400

[Thanks to Google's cache, I've read some articles by Dennis Cooper, the editor and publisher of "Key West The Newspaper" who was arrested last week. Without the backing of a major corporation and relying only on his own wits, reporting skills, and news judgement, Cooper has served as a voice of the community and a gadfly to the local political establishment. He's doing the kind of investigative writing that more of us big-city journalists should be doing, and it's no surprise that the local politicos and cops want to shut him up. PS: The Miami Herald misspelled the name of a federal judge. The correct spelling is William Zloch, in case you want to look up his opinion. --Declan]

*********