Politech mailing list archives

FC: Digital Angel responds to Politech over tracking, implants

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 10:44:48 -0700

*********

Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 09:14:47 -0400
From: [deleted by request]
To: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>

Declan:

Please find below a statement about Digital Angel that you can attribute to "a
company spokesperson."

Thanks for the opportunity to respond. I trust you will circulate this statement
in full to your readership.

Here's the statement:

"We appreciate the opportunity to issue a statement about Digital Angel
to your readers.  We have studied the marketplace for emergency location
and medical monitoring devices and we're convinced there is a huge
potential market need for a wearable, external device.  That is our sole
focus.  Let there be no mistake or confusion about this.  Digital Angel
is being developed as a wearable, wristwatch-type device that will,
among other things, help save lives by locating lost or missing children or
at-risk patients who may require emergency medical attention.  We are not
now developing, nor do we have any plans to develop, anything other than
an external, wearable device."