Politech mailing list archives

FC: Digital Angel may -- or may not -- soon implant chips in humans

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 17:51:47 -0700

[A followup is even more relevant, in which the company declaims any immediate plans for human use: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=23268 --DBM]

---

From: "Dwayne Gradin" <elchapulin () hotmail com>
To: declan () well com
Subject: Digital Angel
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 03:40:56

Declan,
Forgive me if this isn't quite what you believe is germaine to the Politech list, but I thought it was certainly noteworthy. I'm sure you've heard of Digital Angel by now, but in any case, here's a link to a WorldNetDaily article about it.

L8R,
SeƱor Dwayne

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=23232

'Digital Angel' set to fly tomorrow
Implant technology to be beta tested on humans

Beginning tomorrow, Applied Digital Solutions will begin beta testing on humans an implant technology capable of allowing users to emit a homing beacon, have vital bodily functions monitored and confirm identity when making e-commerce transactions.