Politech mailing list archives

FC: NY state won't prosecute high schoolers over sex site

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 09:16:39 -0400

---
Background: http://www.politechbot.com/p-02105.html

An anonymized note from one local:
I assume that really taking this into court would just
embarrass too many rich families, that's why charges
were dropped.  Luckily, that happens to set a great
precedent from our perspective, which is probably
the last thing on the minds of those Westchester
families: of the girls *and* the boys.

The funny thing is Jeanine Pirro. She's our DA, but
her husband was convicted this year for financial
impropriety. Pretty ironic. It'll be interesting
to see if she gets re-elected.

---