Politech mailing list archives

FC: Worm searches for "child porn" filenames, alerts the cops

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 08:56:36 -0400

A number of politechnicals have sent this or a similar story along, so here it is. Other news coverage of this nasty bit of programming (next up: A worm that *deposits* chlid pornography on your hard drive and alerts the FBI) is here:

http://www.newscientist.com/dailynews/news.jsp?id=ns9999802
http://cbc.ca/cgi-bin/templates/view.cgi?/news/2001/05/30/worm_porn010530
http://www.newsbytes.com/news/01/166164.html
http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-6077830.html?tag=owv