Politech mailing list archives

FC: Fed up with those supermarket discount cards? Make your own

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 12:38:45 -0500

Me, I hate those Giant discount cards that you have to give up your personal information to get. This is the free market at work, of course: I value my privacy and relatively-empty meatspace mailbox more than the discounts I'd receive. Besides, I usually shop at Fresh Fields on Wisconsin Avenue anyway. (For those of you outside the mid-Atlantic states, Giant is a large supermarket chain here.)

Swapping supermarket cards has long been a staple of cypherpunks meetings, of course, but Rob Carlson has taken it a step further, and I thank him for it:
http://epistolary.org/rob/bonuscard/

-Declan