Politech mailing list archives

FC: Photos from George W. Bush inauguration celebration, protests

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 01:33:08 -0500

So I covered President Bush's inauguration today, though from the streets instead of from the bleachers. You can see photos here:
http://www.mccullagh.org/theme/2001-bush-inauguration-highlights.html
http://www.mccullagh.org/theme/2001-bush-inauguration.html

An alert reader, as Dave Barry would say, correctly pointed out I gave some incorrect links in my early-Saturday message about the security measures. The correct photos are all here:
http://www.mccullagh.org/theme/2001-bush-inauguration-setup-pa-ave.html

I've allowed the Independent Media Center to run my photos from this weekend; you can see some highlights here:
http://www.dc.indymedia.org/display.php3?article_id=5389
http://www.dc.indymedia.org/display.php3?article_id=5394
http://www.dc.indymedia.org/display.php3?article_id=5391

Here's one of the Capitol building setup that Wired News ran, though they apparently compressed the JPG image too much with hardly optimal results:
http://www.wired.com/news/photo/0,1860,41317,00.html

-Declan