Politech mailing list archives

FC: Egghead critic wins court fight to keep eggheadsucks.com

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 09:34:41 -0500

*********

Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 20:38:25 -0500
To: "Declan McCullagh" <declan () well com>
From: Sonny  <bodisatva () ureach com>
Subject: EggHeadSucks sued (News?)

I wrote you some time ago about the EggHeadSucks site and the
lawsuit against me.

I had the suit against me by EggHead for (EggheadSucks.Com)
tossed out of California on grounds that they lacked personal
jurisdiction. The order is posted on the site.  The suit was
bogus from the start, but I guess they thought the could muscle
me.

Fenwick and West, counsel for EggHead, thought they were going
to run me over; they got flattened.

So - you have to stories:

EggHead loses and;

Fenwick and West - a "large and powerful law firm" by all
accounts got whipped by Joe Average who was unfamiliar with
California rules and procedures in addition to being 3,000
miles away from the courthouse.  Pretty sad job of lawyering -
and sources tell me it wasn't cheap either.

Additionally - they advise clients to buy their negative
domains, but failed to follow their own advice.  Consequently,
I now own FenwickSucks and also FenwickAndWestSucks which are
up and running.

There isn't much there now, but I am accumulating some content
from some very reliable sources.

As Always - Good Luck,

Sonny