Politech mailing list archives

FC: New book tells U.S. vs. Microsoft story from free-market view

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 18:15:40 -0500

**********

From: "Erick R. Gustafson" <EGustafson () CSE org>
To: "'declan () well com'" <declan () well com>
Subject: New MS Book from CSE Foundation
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 18:10:30 -0500

Declan:

While our literary efforts may not reach the stratospheric heights of
Auletta or Heilemann, the Foundation of Citizens for a Sound Economy has
released a new book to chronicle the government's case against Microsoft
Corporation, but with a market-based perspective.

In Trial and Error: United States v. Microsoft, CSE Foundation's President
Paul Beckner and I have compiled a number of important works, opinion pieces
and editorials which present free-market criticism of the government's
efforts.  Notable contributors include Milton Friedman, Richard Schmalensee,
and CSE's Chairman C. Boyden Gray.

At its heart, this book is about more than just the Microsoft case.
Activist antitrust regulators are going after a string of companies and it
is our hope that this book will serve as a useful tool for those that
support competition and innovation to stem the tide.  Perhaps you could
share this with readers of your Politech list.  Those interested may access
a PDF file of the book at http://cse.org/n_index.html.

Best wishes,

Erick Gustafson
Director