Politech mailing list archives

FC: How Canadian politicos schmooze with tech types, from Nat'lPost

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 13:46:38 -0700

[I'm not so sure the dynamic is geeks meeting with politicos, but geeks-turned-businessmen meeting with politicos. (True geeks have more interesting things to do.) And aside from some vaguely libertarian sensibilities -- probably from reading Heinlein as youths -- I'm not sure that geek businessmen, as a class, are significantly different from other businessmen who have identical responsibilities to investors and shareholders. Still, an interesting piece. --Declan]