Politech mailing list archives

FC: Republican Party radio address slams MS antitrust suit

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 15:03:48 -0400

http://www.cluebot.com/article.pl?sid=00/10/14/1317246&mode=nested

   Republican Party Slams MS Antitrust Suit
   posted by cicero on Saturday October 14, @11:15AM
   from the now-that's-constituent-service dept.

   Sen. Slade Gorton (R-Wash), who never saw a Microsoft legal defense
   he didn't love, is back in action. Gorton is scheduled to deliver
   the Republican radio address, a weekly event, today at 11 am,
   and he's more than a little pissed at the Justice Department. Here's
   an excerpt: "The Clinton-Gore Administration wants to put government
   bureaucrats in charge of Microsoft. Its no wonder software costs are
   expected to go up by $50 billion if they succeed. Republicans dont
   want software developers to have to check in with the federal
   government every time they get a new idea. We understand that the best
   role for government is to allow our workers to continue to create new
   and better products that enrich our lives - free from the federal
   governments heavy hand of regulation." See complete transcript below.

The complete transcript:
http://www.cluebot.com/article.pl?sid=00/10/14/1317246&mode=nested