Politech mailing list archives

FC: Sun spends $3 million on anti-Microsoft antitrust lobbying

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 00:59:24 -0400

http://www.cluebot.com/article.pl?sid=00/10/09/2250245&mode=nested

   More Evidence of Anti-Microsoft Lobbying
   posted by cosmo (cosmo () cluebot com) on Monday October 09, @05:45PM
   from the my-lobbyist-can-beat-up-your-lobbyist dept.

   When it comes to unseating one's competitor in the new economy,
   old habits die hard. According to an article in November's
   Wired magazine (not online yet), there's now even more proof that
   Microsoft's competitors colluded with the government to nail the
   Windows OS maker with antitrust charges. A Bloomberg News article
   summarizes the Wired piece, saying that Sun spent $3 million on a
   "Project Sherman" effort that included forming a kind of
   anti-Microsoft committee. Redmond's PR engine predictably replied to
   the article as it hit the stands: "It is becoming more and more clear
   that our competitors like Sun, helped drive the case from start to
   finish."

  http://www.cluebot.com/article.pl?sid=00/10/09/2250245&mode=nested