Politech mailing list archives

FC: Election 2000 adventure game; Palm Beach ballot usability review

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 15:41:08 -0500

http://www.perpetualelection.com/article.pl?sid=00/11/11/105232&mode=nested

   "Choose Your Own Election Ending" Game
   posted by cicero on Saturday November 11, @05:04AM
   from the now-that's-clever dept.

   ATKeiper writes in: "Even once the Florida matter is settled,
   there are still a number of possible outcomes for this year's
   presidential election. On my personal homepage I've created a sort
   of 'Choose-Your-Own-Adventure' game to let users navigate through
   our constitutional system to pick the next president. See my
   Election 2000 Final Decision."

http://www.perpetualelection.com/article.pl?sid=00/11/11/0338237&mode=nested

   Design Experts Weigh in on Palm Beach Ballot
   posted by cicero on Friday November 10, @10:09PM
   from the or-maybe-people-should-read-instructions dept.

   anirvan writes in: "Usability experts have started buzzing about
   the problematic design of the Palm Beach ballots. Dan Bricklin
   walks through the problems step by step. Kevin Fox links to some
   interesting stories, and describes the basis for three different
   ways to incorrectly interpret the ballots."