Politech mailing list archives

FC: Panty-clad models in video game draw outraged cries of disgust

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 16:27:05 -0500

*******

Wired coverage:
  http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,36144,00.html

With this telling quote:
   Although Kelly has not seen the
   game, his organization launched an
   online campaign after reading a
   Simon & Schuster press release
   describing it.

Snapshots:
  http://headline.gamespot.com/news/00_02/10_pc_panty/screens.html?1

*******

Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 14:13:42 -0700
From: Lizard <lizard () dnai com>
Subject: If you have to say you're not a prude or a censor...

...chances are, you're a prude and a censor.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/a/AP-Sex-Aliens-Video.html

While this version of the article lacks the 'I'm not a censor, BUT...'
quotes that inspired this messages title, the essence remains -- some
people are terminally clueless goobers who desperately need to get a
life, and probably laid. (Earlier versions of the article had several
people assuring us they loved a good joke or a good shag as much as
the next fellow, BUT, you know, THIS just went too far...)

I think that in abscence of real threats -- communism, nuclear war,
the impending return of some deity or another -- humans need to devote
their' worry energy' to absolute trivia, and it doesn't get much more
trivial than this.