Politech mailing list archives

FC: Why libraries cannot legally filter the Net after all

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 09:50:22 -0400

[Before the replies, a response from the author. --Declan]

********

See also:

http://www.wired.com/news/print/0,1294,37259,00.html
McCain Renews Porn-Filter Push
by Declan McCullagh (declan () wired com)
8:30 a.m. Jun. 28, 2000 PDT
WASHINGTON -- Senator John McCain, who has spent the last few years trying to push blocking software on public libraries, has found a new way to cordon off Internet porn. On Tuesday, the Arizona Republican and erstwhile presidential candidate successfully added a sex-filtering amendment to a spending bill being debated on the Senate floor. [...]

********