Politech mailing list archives

FC: The Third Shoe Drops: Jon Johansen indicted for DVD hack

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () wired com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 03:31:53 -0500

A few points:

* This is unconfirmed and hasn't hit the wires (AP/Reuters/AFP/etc.) as of my search a few minutes ago.

* This article appears to be talking about this suit, but I don't read Norwegian:
http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/nett/d121122.htm

* If I recall properly (and I welcome corrections since I wasn't at the hearing in San Jose) EFF and allies argued that what Johansen did was legal so US injunction should not be granted. This won't help their defense.

-Declan