Politech mailing list archives

FC: Gary North responds to my Y2K article

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 14:40:22 -0500

********

Actually I did not call for "repentance" -- I simply pointed out that some
of the doom-brood like North are *still* predicting panic and ruin.
Background on North:
  http://www.wired.com/news/news/culture/story/17193.html

-Declan

********

http://www.garynorth.com/y2k/detail_.cfm/7104

Category: Introduction
    Date: 2000-01-05 08:06:56
Subject: Declan McCullagh Calls for Repentance from Y2K Alarmists
    Link: http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,33393,00.html
Comment: I am certainly willing to say that my assessment of the threat, as
          things have played out, was incorrect. I did not think that
          fix-on-failure would work as well as a $500+ billion expenditure
          seems to have worked so far. I am indeed perplexed by the fact that
          those companies, nations, and local governments that spent almost
          nothing to fix y2k seem to be performing as well as, say, Microsoft.
          [...snip]