Politech mailing list archives

FC: Response to videogame-gun-study, by former Activision employee

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 22:16:06 -0500

********

From: "Kevin" <Kevin_Laird () ACM org>
To: <declan () well com>
Cc: <nseligman () vpc org>
Subject: RE: Anti-gun group says videogames let manufacturers target kids
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 22:01:36 -0800

Declan and Naomi,

I used to work for Activision which owns Headgames, the publishers of
Soldier and Fortune and Remington Top Shot, respectively. While I was not
directly involved with the marketing of these products, I was in a position
to know something about the marketing and sales of them. Unless there is a
conspiracy of some sort, there is no plan to use these products to market
guns to youths. Additionally, I am not aware of Soldier of Fortune being
tied to any particular gun manufacturer.

Kevin