Politech mailing list archives

FC: German court bans foreign Nazi web sites; Gore stakeout photos

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 07:54:25 -0500

So on my way back from the NAS panel (http://www.mccullagh.org/image/950-18/herb-lin.html) yesterday, I stopped by the press stakeout outside the vice president's residence on Mass. Ave. Some photos of the scene, which is where Gore returned after his concession speech last night:
http://www.mccullagh.org/theme/gore-concession-stakeout.html

There was only one protester, who was, oddly, pro-Bush, though his sign is misleading:
http://www.mccullagh.org/image/950-18/gore-stakeout-2.html

A far cry from the earlier protests outside the Supreme Court (maybe even the activists were getting exhausted):
http://www.mccullagh.org/theme/supreme-court-bush-gore-arguments.html

The below development, BTW, has precedent. In early 1996 the German government pressured T-Online to block access to WebCom, an ISP in Santa Cruz, for carrying Ernst Zundel's Holocaust revisionist screeds:
http://www.mccullagh.org/cgi-bin/photosearch.cgi?name=zundel

-Declan