Politech mailing list archives

FC: Bioengineering, "food for thought," & Mad Cow Culture

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 16:02:33 -0400

[I have attached two rather interesting essays on Mad Cow Culture at the
end. --DBM]

********

Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 14:41:59 -0400
From: Simon E Spero <ses () unc edu>

Anyone go out and campaign  against world hunger. It takes a strong man like
Rifkind to campaign for it.

*********

From: Tee Toth-Fejel <ttf () erim org>
To: "'Roland J. Cole'" <cole () spi org>
Subject: RE: IP: Food for thought or something to gag on? (antitrust suit)
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 11:58:21 -0400

Normally, I would say that Rifkin is a luddite fool,
(and his intention no doubt is to stop genetic engineering, period)
but the monopolization of food is disturbing.

The obvious solution is to make genetic code open source (i.e.. BSD, Linux).
That's what the universities (i.e. grad students) are for.

Tihamer "Tee" Toth-Fejel                    Member of Technical Staff
(734) 623-2544                http://www.anteater.ann-arbor.mi.us/ttf/
Center for Electronic Commerce,                          ttf () erim org
Environmental Research Institute of Michigan