Politech mailing list archives

FC: Kafka meets Y2K; new book says problem won't be that bad

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 10:21:43 -0400

http://www.y2kculture.com/reviews/19991026.bobbridges.html
 Hitchhiker's Guide Meets Y2K
 A new book follows the tradition of Kafka
 and archie to create the closest thing yet to a
 Hitchhiker's Guide to Y2K. Solveig Singleton
 calls "Bob Bridges" a must-read.

http://www.y2kculture.com/politics/19991026.agencies.html
 California's Computers Crash
 The left coast government's inability to figure
 out how to eradicate bugs restores our faith in
 humanity's slothfulness, ineptitude, and idiocy.

http://www.y2kculture.com/reviews/19991025.debunking.html
 Book Debunks Doomsayers
 A new and well-argued book says Y2K won't
 be that big of a deal. Is it time to sell that
 $3,000 diesel generator?

http://www.y2kculture.com/arts/19991025.blues.html
 More Y2K Blues
 Randy Rogers contribues his own Y2K blues.
 "Here I sit on a box of crackers waitin' on
 Y2K"

http://www.y2kculture.com/reality/19991005.pasture.html
 Art Buchwald Bores, Annoys
 Remember columnist Art Buchwald? No?
 Then you really, truly, don't want to read what
 he has to say about Y2K.