Politech mailing list archives

FC: Wired News SF tech reporter and DC freelance position opening

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 10:18:58 -0500

I am looking for an experienced Washington DC freelance writer to expand
our coverage of tech events for Wired News. The topics will be related to
what we currently cover in our politics section
(http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,,00.html), and the word length
of stories would probably range between 600 and 800 words depending on the
nature of the assignment. Experience in DC and deadline reporting a must.

To apply, send an email message with subject "WIRED NEWS FREELANCER" to
declan () wired com. Include URLs for resume and writing samples. No MSWD
files or attachments.

********

My colleague James Glave has left and we're looking for someone to fill his
full-time position in the San Francisco office. The job description:

Wired News seeks a senior-level reporter. All candidates must have a
solid background in news reporting, and be comfortable in deadline
situations.

Highly recommended are candidates with a deep knowledge of
Internet-related fields, including politics, culture, encryption,
privacy, and wireless technology. Connections within the hacker/cracker
world is a plus.

To apply, send an email message with subject "WIRED NEWS SENIOR REPORTER"
to hotjobs () hotwired com. Detailed instructions are available at:
  http://hotwired.lycos.com/home/jobs/

********

Also while I'm at it I understand the Dittus PR folks have openings in DC.
Resumes should go to join.our.team () dittus com

********

Good luck,
Declan