Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Fuzzing Like A Boss with Pythonect

From: Itzik Kotler <xorninja () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 14:36:20 +0300

Hi All,

I wanted to share with you a post I wrote about how to fuzz with Pythonect:

http://blog.ikotler.org/2012/09/fuzzing-like-boss-with-pythonect.html

Pythonect is a new, experimental, general-purpose dataflow programming
language based on Python.

It aims to combine the intuitive feel of shell scripting (and all of
its perks like implicit parallelism) with the flexibility and agility
of Python.

Crazy? Most definitely. And yet, strangely enough, it works!

In this post I describe how to use Pythonect and all of its perks to
fuzz file formats, network protocols, and command line arguments.

Additionally I provide some simple examples: command-line arguments
fuzzer, FTP MKD fuzzer, and two generic file fuzzers.

I'd appreciate any feedback you can give me on the content. Also, feel
free to share with people who might be interested in the topic.

Regards,
Itzik Kotler | http://www.ikotler.org