Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Info about attack trees

From: Federico De Meo <demeof () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 10:13:25 +0200

Thank you very much. You give me some interesting starting points.
Hope this can lead me to something :)

I have a question about the "Exploiting software" book. I made a search and
found on amazon "Exploiting software how to break code" by Greg Hoglund and Gary McGraw
is it the correct one? I would like to be sure and not buying random books :)

What about some famous "old" attacks? I know that a lot of attacks were performed
in the past to web application (like what lulzsec did) however I never found any report \ information about
how they were performed and what they exploited. Just things like "There was a SQLi in the form X  which was used to
perform the attack". Is there something a bit more detailed?

Again thanks to everyone.

Federico De Meo