Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Best route to penetration testing learning

From: Archangel Amael <archangel.amael () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 13:48:39 +0100

Hello,

There will likely be many opinions on the matter but a quick link or
two to help get you going, would be
http://www.offensive-security.com/  While not an easy certification to
be sure, it will likely be one of the most realistic in terms of
actually using Penetration testing tools within a realistic network
environment.
For an extensive collection of free information regarding using
metasploit and some other pentesting tools, check out
http://www.offensive-security.com/metasploit-unleashed/Metasploit_Unleashed_Information_Security_Training
as well.

Hope that gets you started.