Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Nmap

From: S Walker <walker_s () hotmail co uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 20:59:02 +0000

Just an added note to the current replies (which are all great for hosts not in the local broadcast domain): It is
almost certain that every device in your local network will respond to an ARP request. nmap does this by default anyway
(-PR for local networks), but it's worth bearing in mind, as something local that won't respond to an ARP request is
almost certainly not reachable.