Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Formal Social Engineering Methodology Released

From: Particle Bored <particle.bored () kgb to>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 18:25:27 -0500

Social engineering has been around for tens of thousands of years so it is time we approach the topic in a professional manner. The Social Engineering Vulnerability Evaluation and Recommendation (SEVER) Project is one way to help penetration testers become more consistent. I also intend for it to be the best way to teach novices about social engineering concepts.

It consists of two parts, the worksheet and the instructions.

The worksheet is designed to make social engineering fun for the whole family. Just answer the questions and then go do it.

I know you have probably never read instructions before but you should read these. In order to keep the form concise this is where I put all of the explanations and examples. In them I introduce several new concepts so if you try to do the form alone then you will fail.

Both are available from the "My Papers" section of http://www.kgb.to or directly from the following links:

http://www.kgb.to/SEVER_Instructions_Final.pdf
http://www.kgb.to/SEVER_Worksheet_Final.pdf

Suggestions are welcome -- just let me know if I can credit you by name and what name you would like me to use.

Thanks,

Particle Bored