Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Finding pen-testers

From: AK <platsakos () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 13:54:34 +0300

Depends what kind of pen-testers you are looking for.
- If you are after the certification crowd, I think certain
organisations such as SANS and I assume maybe more publish their
certification holder list so you might wanna have a look there.
- +1 for Miguel's suggestion. Looking up people from mailing
lists/twitter/blogs/professional social networking is likely to yield
some good candidates, however chances are most of them will be already
employed :)
- I would stay away from Dice/Monster and related generic job sites.
Speaking from experience, I had to wade through 150+ CVs per month from
a local job site, most being completely irrelevant to the position
discussed. We ended up hiring from a personal recommendation.
HTH