Penetration Testing mailing list archives

ABZs of Cybersecurity

From: Pete Herzog <lists () isecom org>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 18:46:00 +0200

Hi,

Those of you in the position of getting non-sec people to understand what they're doing wrong in security might find this article useful:

The ABZs of Cybersecurity

<If we want people to be safer with their information we can't go the "just say no" route since people just won't do that. Abstinence doesn't work for school sex programs and it won't work for online safety. The main reason for this is because our physical and emotional needs are extremely complex, involve multiple chemical interactions in multiple areas of our body and you can't just will them to stop. They are there. So here's some of the practical security awareness we provide to mollify the bad info habits of people in this age of instant communications and instant gratifications.>

https://www.infosecisland.com/blogview/15036-The-ABZs-of-Cybersecurity.html

Sincerely,
-pete.

--
Pete Herzog - Managing Director - pete () isecom org
ISECOM - Institute for Security and Open Methodologies