Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Tool announcement: MagicTree Beta Two

From: Alla Bezroutchko <alla () gremwell com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 17:36:16 +0100

Here we go with the first public release of MagicTree, unimaginatively
called Beta Two. MagicTree is a penetration tester productivity tool, it
allows easy and straightforward data consolidation, querying, external
command execution, and (yeah!) report generation. In case you wonder,
“Tree” is because its stores all the data in a tree, and “Magic” because
it is designed to magically do the most cumbersome and boring part of
penetration testing – data management and reporting. See "What is
MagicTree" (http://www.gremwell.com/what_is_magictree) for more details.

You can download MagicTree here: http://www.gremwell.com/download.

MagicTree is a closed-source, proprietary software. This release is
distributed free of charge and so will be the future releases of
MagicTree Community Edition. We plan on offering a reasonably priced
professional edition soon.

MagicTree Beta Two is mostly written in Java and has been tested on
Linux, Windows, and MacOS. It has no complicated installation procedure.
On a typical OS just download the JAR file and run it. Look at Using
MagicTree (http://www.gremwell.com/using_magictree_quick_intro) or the
detailed documentation (http://www.gremwell.com/magictreedoc/) to get
some ideas about how to use the software.

Best regards,
Alla Bezroutchko
Gremwell - http://www.gremwell.com/