Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Backward disassembler for ROP exploitation

From: Adrian Furtuna <adif2k8 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 21:17:21 +0300

Dear all,

I want to share with you a tool that I wrote for helping me find
gadgets useful in ROP exploits.

bdasm is a PyCommand for Immunity Debugger (v 1.73) which can search
the address space of a process for a certain opcode/instruction and
disassemble backward and forward for a  specified number of
instructions.

You can find more details for usage and examples here:
http://stormsecurity.wordpress.com/2010/09/17/backward-disassembler-for-rop-exploitation/

If you find it useful or have any questions please drop me a comment.

Regards,
Adrian